*500 gms boneless chicken, skinned & cut into 2″ cubes
*250 gms (2 cups) yogurt / curd
*3 tbsp tandoori chicken masala
*½ tsp nutmeg powder
*salt to taste
*2 tsp mustard oil
*1 tbsp butter
*1 tsp coriander leaves, finely chopped (optional)
*1 ½ cup plain flour (maida)
*1 tsp oil
*1 tsp salt (to taste)
*½ cup water (as required, for kneading dough)
*white oil, to fry the parathas
*2 large onions, finely sliced (lengthwise)
*2 green chillies, finely chopped
*1 lemon, halved
1. Wash the chicken cubes and beat a little with a kitchen knife.
2. Sprinkle salt, lime juice and mustard oil over the chicken pieces and rub altogether.
3. Add tandoori chicken masala and the nutmeg powder.
4. Whip the yogurt & pour over the chicken cubes, add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Take a non-stick pan and melt butter. Take out the chicken cubes from the marinade and fry them till tender and cooked thoroughly.
Making parathas (for roll):
1. Beat the eggs well with a little salt and keep aside.
2. Sift the flour, add salt and oil and knead to form a soft dough. Divide the dough into roundels (the roundels will be slightly bigger than those for making roti / chapatti).
3. Take a rolling board, and roll out a circular paratha (a little thicker than ordinary roti / chapati).
4. Heat tawa / griddle and place the paratha on the heated tawa / gridldle. Cook one side then flip to cook the other side.
5. Pour 1 tsp oil on the tawa / griddle and coat the parantha with the oil. Keep aside.
6. Add 1 tsp of oil again on the tawa / griddle and pour a little portion of beaten egg on the tawa / griddle. Quickly put a paratha on the egg and allow the egg to set.
7. Flip the paratha over to the other side (egg side up) and cook till both sides are evenly fried.
8. Remove the fried paratha from tawa / griddle. Keep aside.
Assembling the roll:
1. Place the paratha (egg side up) on a serving plate and lay a portion of the cooked chicken pieces in a straight line in the middle of the paratha.
2. Place sliced onions, chopped green chillies on the chicken cubes, add tomato sauce and sprinkle chat masala. Finally squeeze the lemon on the chicken cubes.
3. Roll the paratha with the chicken stuffing firmly so that the chicken cubes do not fall.
4. Wrap the roll in a tissue paper and serve hot with tomato sauce / chilli sauce.
Recipe Courtesy: Khana Khazana with Malini