Boneless Chicken breast – 300 gms, cubed into pieces
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Dried Raw Mango powder/Amchur – 1 tsp
Canola oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Yellow Onions – 2, finely sliced
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Tomato – 1, large, roughly chopped
Red Chilli powder – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Turmeric/Haldi – 1 tsp
1. In a pan, pour oil, and as soon as it warms up, add the mustard seeds.
2. When they begin to pop, add the sliced onions and stir fry them till until lightly golden brown in color.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry it for a minute. Add chopped tomato, red chilli powder, salt and turmeric. Let cook for 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and keep aside to cool. Once cool, puree it into a fine paste. Add a little water if needed. Keep aside.
5. In a food processor, add the chicken pieces, turmeric, salt, red chilli powder, salt and raw mango powder. Pulse until the chicken is roughly minced and well mixed with the ingredients.
6. Remove it into a bowl and mix with a spoon. Wet your hands with water, and take a little bit of the mixture in your hands and shape into little balls, about 2 cm in diameter, until the whole mixture is completed.
7. Heat a saucepan and add the pureed onion+tomato mixture. Add 1 1/2 cup water and mix well. Let it come to a boil once.
8. Later, simmer and gently drop the chicken meatballs one by one into the sauce and cover the lid. Let cook for 5 minutes.
9. Open the lid and carefully mix with a spoon. The color of the meatballs should have changed from pink to opaque white in color.
10. Let it cook for a further 5 minutes until the sauce is fairly thick. Serve warm.
Tags: Chicken, Chicken Kofta, Chicken Kofta Masala, Chicken Meatballs, Hyderabadi, Hyderabadi Kofta Masala, Hyderabadi Chicken Kofta Masala, Hyderabadi Food Recipe, Hyderabadi Food Recipes, Hyderabadi Khatta, Hyderabadi Khatta Murgh, Hyderabadi Khatta Murgh Kofta, Hyderabadi Murgh, Hyderabadi recipe, Khatta Kofta, Khatta Murgh Kofta, Kofta, Masala, Meatballs, Murgh, Murgh Kofta, Murgh Kofta Masala, Sweet n Sour, Sweet n Sour Chicken Meatballs