* 1/2 kg carrots
* 1 cup milk (boiled)
* 1 cup sugar or to taste
* a pinch of cardamom powder
* 2 tbsp ghee
* 10 cashewnuts
* 10 badam (optional)
* 10 pista (optional)
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of ghee and roast the garnishing ingredients and keep aside.
- Add the remaining ghee and heat.
- Put the grated carrot and saute on low flame till the raw smell disappears.
- Add milk and boil on low flame till thick.
- Once it’s starts thickening add sugar and stir continuously.
- Cook on low flame for further thickness.
- Add cardamom powder and stir continuously till the ghee separates from the mixture.
- Finally garnish with roasted garnishing ingredients.
- Carrot halwa or gajar ka halwa is ready to serve.
- Serve hot or cold.