* 400ml tin coconut milk
* 3 green chillies (the long indian ones, remove the seeds if you don’t like it too hot)
* 1 bunch coriander , chopped
* 1 onion , sliced
* 2cm piece root ginger , grated
* 2 garlic cloves , sliced
* 2 tsp garam masala
* 1 tsp ground turmeric
* 400g large, raw, peeled prawns
* red chilli to garnish (optional)
* lime or lemon wedges to serve
1. Put a little of the coconut milk in a blender with the green chillies and most of the coriander. Whizz to a thin paste, add the rest of the coconut milk and whizz again.
2. Heat a little oil in a saucepan and fry the onion for a minute or 2 until soft. Add the ginger and garlic and fry for another minute. Stir in the garam masala and turmeric and stir again – the mixture should smell very fragrant.
3. Add the coconut mixture and bring to the boil, simmer for 10 minutes, then stir in the prawns and cook for 3 minutes or until they are cooked through. Stir in the rest of the coriander. Top with the red chilli (if using) and serve with basmati rice and lime or lemon wedges.